Robert Beasley Grace Centered Magazine Non-Instrumental Pharisees

Kenneth Sublett, Piney.com, Hohenwald, Tennessee

Robert Beasley proposes: Principles for Dealing With Traditions and Change and non-instrumental churches. Grace Centered Magazine seems bent on distorting the Bible and church history to brand rejecting the traditionalism of instrumental music as being Pharisees, hypocrites, sectarians, legalists. Undoubtedly they believe that they are correct but we believe that they are not. Seems fair. If we have misquoted or miss attributed any material let us know and we will fix it. If we have misread then do the same: fairness demands that posted material should be reviewed.

Disclaimer: The world is filled with Pharisees, hypocrites, sectarians, legalistic Judases, Zealots and "brother killers." A religious group might be evil, destructive, divisive and murderous. However, none of this has anything to do with Biblicaal and historical facts about the use of "the works of men's hands" in trying to "ascend up into the presence of God."

Nevertheless, the hostility toward "teaching" the Word with no use of the "music" word connected to God is always based upon some personal upset by someone who has not been able to bully their way into control.

We pronounce a pox on all unspiritual approaches to God through "music" but we know for a fact that Instrumental music is the universal Biblical and historical symbol which says to God: "We will not listen to you."

Therefore, we know that the anti non-instrumental position is based on a false reading of Scripture and of their own history.

This then defines for the watching world the love of Jesus and non-judgmentalism.

Robert Beasley: Beasley's point is that Jesus had his own experiences dealing with traditionalism. However, the view seems to be that Jesus refused to debate with them about words and interpretations. He notes that His dealing with the Pharisees shows us how to deal with traditionalism.

Traditionalism of the Pharisees was deliberately ignoring and transgressing the commandments of God by their traditions:

But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? Mt.15:3

What Law of god is transgressed by not playing praise machines "in church?"

Using instruments does not add anything to the Biblical teaching and almost-universal history of the church.

Only in the last 150 years did people grow beyond the Words of Christ and add instruments knowing that they were sowing discord.

Music was the "traditions" of the nations but not even the Pharisees ever attempted to worship God with the "instruments of sacrifice." Therefore, is one worse than a Pharisee to adopt instruments? Doesn't that make one like the Sadducees and temple servants?

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Mt.3:7

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Mt.5:20

Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees Mt.16:6

But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Mt.22:34

But woe unto you, scribes (book writers) and Pharisees, hypocrites (actors) for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Mt.23:13

So we have Jesus debating the Pharisees to the extent of labeling them as "vipers" which meant that they were of the ancient tribe of of Babylonians or Chaldeans represented by the Serpent in the garden of Eden. The "serpent" was a musical instrument which whispered and hissed to deliver a message from a witch.

Please think about some of these principles:

Robert Beasley: Beasley notes correctly that religion is not about a system but a person. The command to love God had been lost in what might be a modern church organization. However, rather than understanding the system we should understand the Author of the system.

I am sure that we never quite believed that God was a "system."

For whatever the Pharisees were guilty of they defended the Synagogue system which was a way to keep the people away from the evils taking place at the Temple where even widow's mites were collected. The Synagogue always existed although the Hebrew is not often translated as such. This was a "school" and not worship center. They had no pyramidal ministry system, no musicians, no "singing" which was a pagan or secular term and certainly no instrumental music.

The system was minimal: they would look at a modern 'temple' with 50 "ministeries" and say: "Don't you know that God isn't a system?" You look at "praise teams" which have been planned to change the church from "worship" to entertainment to "make everyone feel good about themselves" and you say, God isn't in this system.

If God is not a system to be understood then why is there so much effort to add instrumental music to "take away the key to knowledge" and organized choirs and musical bands and praise teams and theatrical performance teams (always of doubtful character in the Biblical period) and theatrical performance preaching and the ejection of the "lay" people from the one-another work of the church under a dominant theologian and elders "as apt to chase coons as apt to teach the Bible"?

Not using instruments consistent with the entirety of the Bible and church history DOES NOT ADD SYSTEM to the worship: adding musical worship DOES ADD SYSTEM and make God into an Apollo (apollyon or Abbydon) or Antipas "Seeker Center."

Robert Beasley: 2. Jesus should be at the center. He quotes the story of the noble Bereans who searched the Scripture. He notes the danger of obscuring grace and mercy by "our" doctrinal stance on "side issues."

We know of a church which confiscated the property and removed the Lord's Table to give more room for the wired up praise team. In church architecture the place of liturgy; pulpit, podium, altar, was know as "the holy place." The human mind (nous) is the spirit where Jesus said was the only place that God seeks us in the new temple (naos) of the mind and heart. The praise teams sometimes begin but usually end by saying: "we are the mediators between man and God." Dr. Rubel Shelly says that they can "help you into the presence of God." That sounds like standing in the holy place saying "I am God."

If you want to understand Jesus you will find that there was (is) nothing musical to understand about God. On the other hand, Satan or Lucifer is universally named as the introducer of instruments to take the glory due God away from Him.

How else can we explain taking away the "lord's Table" as "center" to give the praise team more performance room?

Non-instrumental churches do not do that and will not, therefore, the Pharisees are the ones taking liberties to add music even though it violates the law in Roman's 14 governing the vegetarian, musical Orphics and the Meat-Eating, wine-drinking, Dionysic instrumentalists. Paul had a fix to put away the "system."

WE then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Rom 15:1

Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification (edification does not mean stroke the nerve endings but "education") Rom 15: 2

For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. Rom 15: 3

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. Rom 15: 4

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: Rom 15: 5

That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Rom 15: 6

Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us, to the glory of God. Rom 15: 7

There is No Law Against instruments here: there simply is no sane reason to play instruments while teaching the Inspired Word of Christ. God said that He is the only Teacher, and He said that He would be in our midst, therefore we play music while the Incarnate God of the universe is trying to speak to us.

We cannot receive one another if part wants to bring their "rock, rap and hip hop" into the "worship" using the synagogue as venue for theatrical performance.

The way to have unity is to imitate Jesus and speak the Words of God. Here, Paul issues another "singing" command which insists that the goal is not "singing" but "teaching." The resurce is the Word of Christ or Spirit and the result is singing and melody in the heart rather than upon a harp.

Wow! Isn't grace a doctrinal issue? How did Robert Beasley learn about "grace?" Did he get it by osmosis or did he get it by hearing the WORDS of Jesus and Paul? Mercy is a doctrinal issue also. How can there be a "show of grace" when Grace turns out to be a "blue-eyed blond" on the Sister Singer's (Jeff Walling) worship team, in Rubel Shelly's words, "leading you into the presence of God" or in the team's claim to be "mediators between man and God."

How can there be "grace" when musical or theatrical performance is the most "works-intensive" effort of men's hands in TRYING REALLY HARD to worship God? How can there be any mercy when the most ancient pagans understood that music was a magical key to steal into the human mind and shut down the rational (spiritual) nature of the God-created brain? Don't these people grasp that before you get that "sexual" feel good from "spiritual worship music" you have to have your mind abraded (melody) and every (every) nerve ending stroked to, in the words of some musical-dance teams, "make the Holy Spirit come." Don't you grasp that Jesus noted that the clergy were disappointed because John didn't wear "soft" clothing?

Yes, the theme is "Women and children rule over you."

"Women and girls from the different ranks of society were proud to enter the service of the gods as singers and musicians. The understanding of this service was universal: these singers constituted the 'harem of the gods'." (End of Quasten Click to see Music and the Feminine connection)

"For decades African Americans had used the term rock and roll as a euphemism for sex, and Presley's music oozed sexuality. Presley was hardly the only artist who embodied this attitude, but he was clearly a catalyst in the merger of black and white culture into something far bigger and more complex than both. The Britannica

"The Praise Team leads the congregation into the presence of the Lord with exciting praise and worship. The Word says that God inhabits the praises of His people and we are a people desiring to be inhabited!

Praise plows the ground for the seed to be planted when the Word is taught (Hosea 10:11). The team unites together as the Levites did in the Old Testament to bring praise and glory to God."

"Music was understood to drive away hostile chthonic demons who loved tranquility and quiet. this concept of music's magical power is found in the formula of a love spell published by S. Eitrem:

"X.X. is bound with the tendons of the holy phoenix so that you will love N.N. with your whole heart and no barking dog or braying ass, cock or
........... conjurer, the clash of cymbals or the noise of flutes
........... or anything else under the heavens will ever set you free."

"The harmful screaming of those who were to be killed in sacrifices was particularly attractived to the wicked demons,
........... with whom the pagans believed the air (1 Corinthians 14:9) was filled.

"Because song and music increased the efficacy of the epiclesis the words of epiclesis were nearly always sung to instrumental accompaniment.
........... Thus the Dionysian fellowship used the ritual of women
........... in order to obtain the appearance of their god.

"Arnobius alludes to such songs of the pagans performed to flute accompaniment, and he mockingly asks whether the sleeping deities will be awakened by them." (Quasten, Johannes, Music and Worship in Pagan and Christian Antiquity, p. 17)

Yes, even David tried to "awaken" his lyres.

Robert Beasley: 3. "The Sabbath or the Christian system is made for mankind and not mankind for the system.

The Sabbath is Made For Man, Not Man For the Sabbath." Jesus rejected the Pharisees' tight understanding of Sabbath observance because it prevented the restoration of people. In Jesus' reorientation of looking at God's laws, human need takes precedent. Jesus rejected the Pharisees' attempts to be righteous because their "righteousness" excluded people. Jesus' favorite text was "I desire mercy, not sacrifice," (from Hosea 6:6), meaning that what God wants us to have is that same steadfast love and mercy He has. The salvation of people, that is us and the "whole world," is what the Christian message is all about.

The Sabbath was a day of REST. At the festivals it was held on the first and seventh days. They were commanded to hold a HOLY CONVOCATION. That meant to read or rehearse the Laws of God.. This is the only meaning of worship in the place of the SPIRIT as it gives heed to the words of God and not to divisive preachers.

The pagan or Saturn Sabbath originated in Babylonia. The people "worked at religion" on the Sabbath to feed, clothe, house, entertain and have sex with the gods. Only the gods got to rest. Giving the Jew's the Sabbath forced them not to participate in pagan rituals but to rest. Restricting travel and other work may have been a sincere effort to keep people away from places like the Jerusalem Temple which, as in Nehemiah's days, had become a giant fertility ritual (karen Armstrong) and a den of thieves or house of merchandise.

Bible 101aaa knows that the Sabbath was for the rest Jesus died to give from the clergy who laded burdens on people and used them like pack animals. Musical rituals are really offering the works of human hands as a sacrifice. Worship teams even claim that "we are mediators between man and God."

COME, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. Hos 6:1

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Hos 6: 2

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. Hos 6: 3

Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away. Hos 6: 4 O

God sent Job, Amos, Isaiah and Ezekiel to "hew" the people for replacing His Word with musical performance. Amos specificially connects musical religious festivals as the cause for the ignorance of the people so that they hungered and thirsted while the "clergy" played instruments, drank wine and refused to be "evangelists."

Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth. Hos 6: 5

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hos 6: 6

We should understand that animal sacrifices was the only justification for Robert Beasley's "optional traditions" such as any form of music as worship was animal sacrivices. When the Jews lost Jerusalem and the temple, instrumental "noise" ceased until AD 1815 in a liberal synagogue which "sowed discord" and divided Jews in a court of law.

Second, the "Spirit of the Branch" was not a little indwelling "person" called the Holy Spirit Person of the God family.

AND there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: Isaiah 11:1

And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; Isaiah 11:2

And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: Isaiah 11:3

Third, Hosea, like Amos, warns about the musical idolatry in Israel. This was the same Molech or bull worship Israel brought with them from Egypt, which cost them the Covenant at Mount Sinai, which Amos warned about and which got Stephen murdered (Acts 7):

But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me. Hos 6: 7

Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood. Hos 6: 8

And as troops of robbers wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way by consent: for they commit lewdness. Hos 6: 9

I have seen an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredom of Ephraim, Israel is defiled. Hos 6: 10

Notes from:

"The Holy Spirit, uttering His voice by Amos, pronounces the rich to be wretched on account of their luxury: 'Those that drink strained wine, and recline on an ivory couch,' he says; and what else similar he adds by way of reproach. Especial regard is to be paid to decency (as the myth represents Athene, whoever she was, out of regard to it, giving up the pleasure of the flute because of the unseemliness of the sight). (Clement of Alexandria, p. 245).

"...these same people were punctilious in their religious observances. Never did such abundant sacrifices smoke to Yahweh from the altars at Dan and Bethel and other sanctuaries in Israel; and the note of praise rose regularly and loudly from tongue and harp.

Was not this the worship in which Yahweh delighted? So they thought, but the voice of yahweh through His prophet told a different story." (F.F. Bruce, Israel, p. 58).

There was no congregational singing with instrumental accompaniment among the "people's" congregation of Israel. There was no praise service in the Synagogue.

"The prophets were singularly unimpressed by all this religious busyness. They asserted that the people had abandoned the true God for heathen idolatries and that their much-frequented sanctuaries were sinks of iniquity. Recent archaeological discoveries go a long way towards confirming their condemnation of popular religion. It is significant, for example, that on the ostraca from eighth-century Samaria, the proportion of names compounded with Baal suggests that no less than a third of the population practiced some form of Canaanite religion." (Heaton, E. W., Everyday Life in the Old Testament, Scribners), p. 231).

You have lifted up the shrine of your king, the pedestal of your idols, the star of your god -- which you made for yourselves. -- Amos 5:26

Yea, ye took the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Raephan, the image of them which ye made for yourselves." Amos 5:26 LXX

"they employed on their light, enervating unmeaning music, and if they were in earnest enough, justified their inventions by the example of David... The word can mean no other than devise.

He introduced into the Temple-service the use of the stringed instruments, the kinnor, (the lyre) and the nebel (the harp) in addition to the cymbals.

Whence these, in contrast to the trumpets, are called the instruments of David." (Barnes, Albert, Amos, p. 308

"When Amos (6:5) caustically chastises the nouveaux riches and their 'artistic' extravagance, he stressed for the first time the age-old feud between the professonal and dilettante (orig. tr):

They chant idle songs to the sound of the harp
and fancy to play their instruments like David.
&emdash; (The Int. Std. Bible Dict., p. 457).

After Israel went into captivity and death because the people hungered and thirsted for the Word and were taken into Assyrian captivity, Judah in Jerusalem were no better because they practiced musical idolatry in the temple because they had demanded and God had granted them the right to "worship like the nations" and perish like the nations:

Also, O Judah, he hath set an harvest for thee, when I returned the captivity of my people. Hos 6: 11

See the musical worship of Tammuz by the women in the temple.

"Amos stressed "that violations of the moral law could not be remedied by means of festive rites, offerings, or liturgical indulgence on the part of the sinner. In point of fact, God was already standing beside the altar (Am. 9:1ff), poised and ready to shatter it. No ritual, however, elaborate and symbolic in nature, could possibly substitute for the sincere worship of the human spirit, grounded in high moral and ethical principles." (Harrison, R. K., Introduction to the Old Testmane, Eerdmans, p. 895).

Worship under the Law was like the worship under Christ: a sincere person would seek God through His word, would live right and would practice social justice. The non-civil Israelites never engaged in ceremonial legalism.

Robert Beasley: In charting the course for the next century, are people getting first place? Do our traditions serve people, or are people being sacrificed for the sake of our time-honored traditions?

In terms of worship, if we are not connecting with people, then we are not worshipping (cf. Paul's comments in I Cor. 14:6-23).

There is not a hint that our worship "in spirit" has to connect with people to be "forceful" enough or works-effective to be able to reach God.

First, Jesus defined "worship" to be in spirit which is in the mind (nous) which is the holy place (naos) where God meets only one "priest" at a time. There is no room in the Holy Places for musical instruments or feminine leaders to direct us into His presence. If a musical Levite even stumbled into the Holy Place with or without an instrument he would be worthy of death.

The eternal Synagogue was a "meeting time or place" for the people to assemble for "school" but was not a "like the nation's" worship center. There was no people's participation in the civil or national sacrificial system and there was no "praise service" with or without instruments in the synagogue.

While the early church is never said to have assembled "in order to worship" their meetings constituted worship to God through teaching others and honoring Christ "at the center" now replaced by "worship teams."

Robert Beasley: In terms of ministry, do we take the conservative road that does not ruffle any feathers, or do we risk offending time-honored traditions by putting the needs of people first?

In terms of evangelism, is the "door being closed" because people can't get past our human traditions to get to the gospel? Remember: "I desire mercy, not sacrifice."

4. Most of the problems that Jesus had with the Pharisees was not over the law itself, but with the Pharisees' interpretations of the law. Their interpretations of the law failed to give full weight to the more important matters, such as showing people God's incredible love. To Jesus, not all things were of equal weight. And one item that Jesus seemed to give great weight to was unity among Christians. On the night before His death, Jesus' prayer was that His followers would be one: "May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me" (John 17:23).

There are no traditions preventing ministry. For instance NOT playing instruments on Sunday does not prevent one from feeding the hungry on Monday. And playing church organization with a pyramidal ministry scheme does not mean "ministry." What prevents evangelism is "located evangelists" trying to "facilitate" worship which is about as outrageous as coming into a private home and "facilitating making love."

Disrespect for the Word "as it has been delivered" means disrespect for God. This is what prevents "evangelism." There is no such thing as a "located traveling salesman" and there is no such thing as a "located evangelist" for very long.

The battle over "traditionalism" is exclusively a turf battle over unlawful men "seeing Godliness as a means of financial gain." Their "love" and "grace-centeredness" is focused upon using the RACA word against those whom they are not able to manipulate as the Jews tried to "pipe" to get Jesus to sing and dance.

Jesus gave the Word, did not set it to a tune, did not prescribe that it be taught to the tune of a musical instrument, and sent honest, Word-loving ministers out into the world to "evangelize." To preach the "core gospel" at one place for ever and repudiate "doctrine" means, according to Paul's "gospel" that you hold those who support you in utter contempt.

Here is the Godly pattern which does not say that people should worship with instruments just to prove that you love those who hate you so much that they force instrument in order that the watching world will see your unity and be converted.

The message was to "preach the same thing" which can only happen if you honor the once-delivered Word of Christ in song and sermon:

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. John 17: 6

Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given (word) me are of thee. John 17: 7

For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me. John 17: 8

You cannopt love Christ and His Word and be applauded and endorsed by all of the "big guns."

And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. John 17: 13

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. John 17: 14

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. John 17: 15

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. John 17: 16
........... Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. John 17: 18

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. John 17: 19

Jesus is not speaking of "unity in diversity." Rather, He warns that only when evangelists go out into the world and they all speak the same things because they just deliver the Word of Christ (Spirit) as it has been delivered to them everyone will know that they have to be motivated by a Christ Who gave the pattern by speaking only what He heard from the father.

If you don't speak the same thing because you take the Spirit Words of God Incarnate and give yourself the liberty of the Law of Silence to add instrumental music or its "organic" but legal equivalent as a "praise team" or "vocal band" which always divides, then the watching world will think that you are crazy just as the "song writer-sermon writers" in Corinth would be seen as MAD.

It is insanity to speak of this unity unless one has gone out into the world and delivered the Word without cutting-and-pasting it to permit what we are going to do anyway "spite of hell."

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; John 17: 20

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. John 17: 21

If there is no unity about what Jesus gave and inspired through the apostles then you simply are not part of the group which can exhibit the oneness:

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: John 17: 22

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. John 17: 23

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. John 17: 24

Robert Beasley: The plea of Jesus was that we focus on Him, and as we do, we will attain a unity around Him so the world will get the message of God's love. On those matters of central importance (the divinity and incarnation of Jesus, His death and resurrection) we must be uncompromising.

Nope, not what Jesus said: He said that if you are a faithful evangelist you will take the Word as Jesus revealed it into the world (you cannot evangelize church members who may know more than you) and you can ONLY focus upon Jesus Christ by focusing upon what He revealed to us as the Image of the Invisible Spirit Deity through His Words.

This is the "Core Gospel" which didn't come from Jesus or Paul. It could only come by someone quickly looking up the passage where Paul resolved among the terminally carnal Corinthians "to know only Christ and Him crucified." If you don't get beyond the "core" then you are a failure and you are insulting your employers.

In his sermon Rubel Shelly stated:

Here is what God wants churches passionate about:

(1) "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, (2) that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

(3) "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:36).

(4) "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: (5) While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (6) Since we have now been justified by his blood, (7) how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him!" (Rom. 5:8-9).

These are the essentials of Christian faith. It is this core message about Jesus that we share in common with other

Bible-believing, cross-proclaiming, resurrection-confessing, born-again persons that constitutes us a church.

Outside the essence of the gospel,

there are other features that reflect our history and consensus interpretations of the larger biblical message.

Leroy Garrett stated an earlier pattern:

"This is to say that the gospel is not the whole of the New Testament scriptures,

for the gospel was a reality long before the scriptures were written.

Strictly speaking,

the teachings of the apostles are not facts, as the gospel is,

but interpretations, implications, and edification based on the gospel.

In this area, that of the didache (teaching) even the apostles differed in their ideas and emphases.

The churches for whom these documents were written were likewise different from each other.

Garrett goes on to define the "gospel" as something revealed but not subject to debate but:

The doctrine allows for debate and dialogue, for intellectual stimulation and the stretching of the mind. It nurtures us in Christ,

but in such a way that each man develops according to his own uniqueness. The pragmatic mind as well as the speculative mind finds food for thought. Its design is (not) to make us all alike in our thinking, but to make us mature in Christ.

The Post-Modern "hermeneutic" of the Latter Rain (or Latter Reign) asks:

"Are you having difficulty discerning or receiving this "new revelation"?

Then you have been interpreting your Bible in the "old way,"

comparing Scripture with Scripture, studying diligently to account for every jot and tittle and being careful to rightly divide the Word of truth.

"If this describes you, then you belong to the "Old Generation"

which will not enter in to "possess the land" in the Latter Rain Revival.

You may even be a member of a denominational church, with its dogmatic confession of faith and statement of doctrine.

These legalistic forms will be relics of the past in the up and coming "Post-denominational Church."

Paul Cain advises that you "dump all that carnal stuff" (doctrine)

and listen to what the "spirit" is saying to the churches through the Latter Rain Prophets and Apostles, who are dispensing many "new, sacred truths.

Let me say it again: Paul's Core Gospel of Just Christ and Him Crucified was preached to the "milk babies" at Corinth who could not bring themselves to die to themselves and become servants rather than masters. He preached the "meat" to the "perfected" and he never preached this to the Corinthians because they remained carnal.

Therefore, when you tell people "i will just preach the core gospel" you are holding them in contempt and saying that you have not been able to get them off the pacifier.

Oh, Yes, here we go: Grace Centered is just the "core" but legalism is going beyond the core to teach what Jesus and Paul taught.

> Rubel Shelly reveals that "Outside the essence of the gospel, there are other features that reflect our history and consensus interpretations of the larger biblical message.

> Leroy Garret says that the rest is not truth like the gospel is truth.

> The Latter Rain says: These legalistic forms will be relics of the past in the up and coming "Post-denominational Church."

> Now, Robert Beasley does a "ditto head" Latter Rain version:

Robert Beasley: But on issues that relate more to our interpretation (such as the use or non-use of instrumental music or the ministry roles of women)

we must not be like the Pharisees and give all issues equal weight.

We must realize that unity is more important to Jesus than preserving what we consider to be the accurate understanding of all possible issues.

There you have it, all of the love, grace and purity of Jesus always winds up defining the role of women (as Paul defined them) and the non-use of instruments (as Paul defined it) are "Just our interpretation" and therefore makes us Pharisees.

However, the "rule" is always turned upside down:

> A Pharisee changes the clear Laws of God.
> In order to enforce His own
> In order to make his religion more appealing and more profitable.

You cannot use Post-Modernism and redefine the roles of women without in some way repudiating the spirituality, scholarship or sanity of Paul.

The urge to "use" women is part of the eternal battle in "religion." Even preachers feel disenfranchised and therefore are quite happy emasculating the male leadership and replacing them with women because "the are easier to handle."

Christianity, to all but a very young and immature group, has always been defined by the Bible. You can construct any "commandment of men" you wish to form a popular church but you cannot ignore the epistles without rejecting the historical meaning of Christianity.

And Paul leaves no doubt: women are to be silent especially in the "sedentary" sense becaue the word "authority" in the Greek world meant "sexual authority." You cannot have a highly visible and attractive female "presiding over the flock with a tune" without knowing that you are exercising sexual authority. This was the most ancient version of Gnosticism which is recorded in the documents of the Ancient Near East. Inanna got the male "patron god or demon" drunk and stole the authority of the eldership, instrumental music and sexual perversion. The ZOE concept is of Sophia the serpent and daughter Zoe the beast who forced the lesser jehovah into forming musical worship teams to worship the feminists goddesses, of course. Zoe is the "female instructing principle" and is quite similar to the Lucifer bisexual agent who used instrumental women to seduce the customers out of what they had bought.

While the latter-day apostles were not listening to Jesus, His whole life is surrounded by the attempt of the Jewish clergy to "triumph over Him" where triumph over means to silence Him through the use of instrumental music and a "praise the Lord service."

By repudiating church history they do not remotely grasp that spiritual people universally repudiated attempting to worship a Spirit God with the 'works of human hands' or "the idolatry of talent."

It was the Instrumentalists who added the Catholic "traditionalism" into the united churches just in order to sow discord and become a musical sect in order to attract more paying customers. Yes, the innovators clearly confessed and even claimed that if instruments were part of the worship then it would be sinful.

That last phrase clearly repudiates the "proof-text" out of the context of Jesus to make the foolish statement:

We must realize that unity is more important to Jesus than preserving what we consider to be the accurate understanding of all possible issues.

Jesus said that unity must be based upon the Word (spirit) which God gave Him and which He delivered to the Apostles with the demand that they deliver it to the non-converted world. Unity cannot be "achieved" by non-instrumentalists agreeing to sin each Sunday by attempting to "worship" with the idolatry of talent: unity is based upon the Word. The entire Bible puts the negative focue upon instrumental music as a device (like poison) which can pollute the soul and make it immune to hearing the Spirit God in His inspired Words.

The issue is not "all issues" but of music and the role of women. If we don't honor the Word we will not know what is important to Jesus. He said that the Word is the only thing which can unite. Paul said it in Romans 15; Ephesians 5 and Colossians 3. Once you begin to "sermonize" and "versify" tidbits of Scripture often erotic and teaching false doctrine, you have lost the Word and you cannot have the unity Christ died for.

Robert Beasley: 5. Exclusivity is not as pleasing to God as showing people His loyal love. Jesus' favorite text was Hosea 6:6: "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." In other words, what God desires is not an attitude that tries to be technically correct on every possible issue and thereby excludes people who disagree with us.

What God desires is rather an attitude that shows the same faithful love that God has for us. What God is after is to develop in us a heart for the salvation of people.

What Jesus loved was the entire context of Hosea and Amos which warns about "mouth" religion which in Amos was star or Molech or golden calf worship where instrumental music was necessary to "jack one up" into the arms of a red-hot Molech where babies were burned. Mercy was Christ's removal of the Jewish "burden" which was "spiritual anxiety created by religious rituals." That included the instrumental noise which was the only place it had a reason to exist.

Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth. Hos 6: 5

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hos 6: 6

Everyone agrees that they can sing without an instrument. Therefore, there is nothing about not playing an instrument in a non-instrumental church (church of Christ and the majority of the world's religion) which would exclude anyone: everyone who believes in instruments is invited and can meet with non-instrumentalists this Sunday.

However, by adding instruments the Sectarians knew beforehand that they were sowing discord and that often about half could not worship with instruments. Therefore, instrumentalist are the exclusives.

Then, instrumental music was exclusively devoted to animal sacrifices in the temple and in Jerusalem or area. The common people were exclusively excluded from the instrumental noise and killing animals. Therefore, Jesus knew that by saying He did not want "sacrifices" was understood by the Jews to mean that He didn't want the Temple and therefore forsaw the demise of the musicians and their instruments.

What many "musicians" see and hear in themselves as "God inspired talent" is often seen as unmerciful exhibitionism especially by what Jeff Walling admires as Sister Singers.

Any Bible student should be aware that Robert Beasley is condemning as Pharisaical in others what the instrumentalists are actually guilty of as they cover up the "mess" by deliberately taking tidbits of God's Word out of context and make it mean exactly the opposite of what the text clearly says.

By branding all non-instrumentalists as Pharisee hypocrite sectarian legalists fratricides and even racists, they continue to sow discord and deliberately try to "take an axe" to the churches of Christ as advised by Dwaine E. Dunning. Then, Grace Centered Magazine and Robert Beasley will try to convice you that their position is grace centered and loving.

-Robert Beasley

Musical Worship Index

Rubel Shelly Sermon Reviews

Home Page

Counter added 1.11.05 11:46a 1669

personal injury

Hit Counter