Musical Worship Minister, Enchanter, SoothsayerMusic Minister: The Soothsayer, Enchanter or Musical Minister in ancient paganism brought the worshiper into the presence of the gods. Only arrogance would presume to lead a believer to the always-present Christ.
THERE IS NO TRUTH IN ANY OF THE DEFENSES OF MUSIC AS WORSHIP.
I review this material by Tom Burgess because I was sent a copy of his book and asked to refute it. Other reviews:
See more on Strabo's definition of the worship of Apollo or Abaddon or Apollyon: his MUSES are the locusts or musical performers in the book of revelation.
2. Tom Burgess More Review of Plutarch: if Psallo authorizes "church music" it authorizes a homosexual gathering.
3. Tom Burgess on Moralia confirms the "Music-Heresy-Perversion" connection which has no historical exception. 10/20/04
4. Tom Burgess on John Chrysostom: are the anti-instrumentalists ignorant rurals? 10/21/04 What about Paul and Martin Luther and John Calvin and Zwingli and--everyone who believed the Bible as authority.
5. Tom Burgess on Kurfees versus Thayer and Grimm: Quotes from: G. C. Brewer, A Medley on the Music Question, Gospel Advocate, Nashville 1948. Burgess uses the same Krewson arguments. LATEST 11/06/05
Musical and Charismatic all relate to the worship word, THRESKIA. This was invented by Orpheus and other "Greek god." This speaks of ANY ritual claimed to move you into God's presence. The musical produced effects create endorphins which cause the effectsof FIGHT, FLIGHT or SEXUALITY.
Let us say it upfront: No, there is never any Biblical example of the collective Jewish or Christian "people's" congregation ever singing with musical accompaniment. No, blowing 120 unison-tuned trumpets, twanging harps and making a loud shouting noise is not called worship nor is it called "music."
ALL known history knows of religious music as WITCHCRAFT or SORCERY. All musicians CHANGE the Word of God and the commanded way of PRESENTING it so that you don't depend of MIND CONTROL of which music is the most powerful.
Musica ,, = mousikę, the art of music, music; acc. to the notions of the ancients, also every higher kind of artistic or scientific culture or pursuit: musicam Damone... comic and dramatic poetry, musice antiquis temporibus tantum venerationis habuit
Exegeice , es, f., = exęgętikę, the art of interpretation, exegesis
Private interpretation of further expounding is outlawed for the Christian system. Hermes was the intrepeter of the gods: "Scholars" believe that this LOGOS was the source of Jesus Christ as the Word.
hermęneuma , atos, to, interpretation, explanation
2. symbol, monument
Magice- , e-s, f., = magikę (sc. technę), the magic art, magic, sorcery medicinam (sorcery): magices factio, id. 30, 1, 2, § 11 .
Magia , ae, f., = mageia, the science of the Magi, magic, sorcery
Factio, a taking part or siding with any one; hence concr.) A company of persons associated or acting together, a class, order, sect, faction, party (syn.: pars, partes, causa, rebellio, perduellio, seditio).
B. In partic., a company of political adherents or partisans, a party, side, faction
Mageia , hę, theology of the Magians, m. hę Zôroastrou Pl.Alc.1.122a .
Techne is a crafty craftsman:
And the voice of harpers, and musicians, (Abaddon's Singing Team) and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; Rev 18:22
See how the Musical Minister violates the image of the Temple, the Synagogue and the church.
Let us say it upfront: No, there is never any Biblical example of the collective Jewish or Christian "people's" congregation ever singing with musical accompaniment. No, blowing 120 unison-tuned trumpets, twanging harps and making a loud shouting noise is not called worship nor is it called "music."
All the Levites who were musicians--Asaph, Heman, Jeduthun and their sons and relatives--stood on the east side of the altar, dressed in fine linen and playing cymbals, harps and lyres. They were accompanied by 120 priests sounding trumpets. 2 Chr 5:12NIV
Also the Levites which were the singers, all of them of Asaph, of Heman, of Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, being arrayed in white linen, having cymbals and psalteries and harps, stood at the east end of the altar, and with them an hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets:) 2 Chr 5:12KJV
The word is not MUSICIANS but singers:
Shiyr (h7891) sheer; or (the orig. form) 7788 (1 Sam. 18:6), shoor; a prim. root [rather ident. with 7788 through the idea of strolling minstrelsy]; to sing: - behold [by mistake for 7788], sing (-er, - ing man, -ing woman).
Shuwr (h7788) shoor; a prim. root; prop. to turn, i. e. travel about (as a harlot or a merchant): - go, sing. See also 7891.
Josephus notes that the Levites performing priestly services (hard bondage, Abad) caused the fall of the nation ONCE and that their political campaign to wear linen garments and perform would cause their fall again: and it did.
The Greek word for "music" is used only of a homecoming feast or the end-time Babylon Harlot form of worship which will dominate when Jesus comes again (Rev. 18).
Praise singing is one of the most ancient superstitions that one can enable the "gods" by cheering them on to do a better job. Click to read about the ancient praise leaders used to legalistically work very hard for the gods.
McClintock-Strong says that the "musical precentor was the earliest heresy largely pervading the church." This was the clergy Music Minister.
Why is this true? It is true because the church like the synagogue was never a pagan worship center where performing anxiety-creating religious rituals was the "laded burden" by the clergy which Jesus died to remove. The church and synagogue were "schools of the Bible."
The "disciples" of Jesus were those who came to Him to learn. In the Great Commission Jesus did not say, "Go establish religious worshiping institutions." Rather, He demanded:
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matt 28:19NIV
Baptizing in the world at that time meant that one enrolled as an apprentice to a master carpenter or to learn some other body of knowledge.
Matheteuo (g3100) math-ayt-yoo'-o; from 3101; intrans. to become a pupil; trans. to disciple, i.e. enrol as scholar: - be disciple, instruct, teach.
Here is the test Paul always applied to a "discipler" who was NEVER a worship leader:
Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. Acts 14:19NIV
But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe. Acts 14:20NIV
Jesus's commission was to make disciples and teach the people "to observe whatsoever I have commanded you."
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matt 28:20
Therefore, Paul's team baptized the people of Lystra just as someone baptized ever disciple or they would not have "obeyed the gospel" or the commandments of Jesus:
They preached the good news in that city and won a large number of disciples. Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, Ac.14:21NIV
The pagans in Lystra wanted to sacrifice to Zeus and Hermes
Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, Acts 14:14
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: Acts 14:15
The marzeah condemned by Amos was a feast with and for dead ancestors or the "demons." Paul also connected the musical idolatry at Mount Sinai to demon worship. And Israel "had a covenant with death" which meant that they honored the invisible dead rather than the living God.
MUSICAL MINISTERS OBEY ZEUS AND HERMES:
XIV. Homer, Hymn to Rhea TO THE Mother OF THE GODSI prithee, clear-voiced Muse, daughter of mighty Zeus, sing of the Mother of all gods and men.And so hail to you in my song and to all goddesses as well!
- She is well-pleased with the sound of rattles and of timbrels,
- with the voice of flutes and the outcry of wolves and bright-eyed lions, with echoing hills and wooded coombes.(ll. 13-16) The Son of Cronos spoke and nodded with his dark brows. And the divine locks of the king flowed forward from his immortal head, and he made great Olympus reel. So spake wise Zeus and ordained it with a nod.
- "Now Rhea, as Ceres, in Hymn XIV, is called 'brass-sounding' and 'drum-beating'.
- This has reference to the mystical results of certain sounds and rhythm,
- part and parcel of what the Hindus call Mantravidyâ. I remember reading a curious old French book in the Bibliothčque de la Ville of Clermont-Ferrand, one of the books confiscated from the Minime Monastery of the same town, at the time of the Revolution.
- This work dealt with the magical properties of music, and described for what especial purposes the various instruments of music were used in the Temple-service of the Jews. Now Iamblichus (De Mysteries, III.ix) goes into the matter of the
- so-called Corybantic and Bacchic 'frenzies' produced by musical instruments in the Mysteries of Ceres and Bacchus;(ll. 17-21) Be favourable, O Insewn, Inspirer of frenzied women!He took the lyre upon his left arm and tried each string in turn with the key, so that it sounded awesomely at his touch.
- we singers sing of you as we begin and as we end a strain, and none forgetting you may call holy song to mind. And so, farewell, Dionysus, Insewn, with your mother Semele whom men call Thyone.And Phoebus Apollo laughed for joy; for the sweet throb of the marvellous music went to his heart,[Note: singing NEVER includes instruments in the Bible unless the instrument is NAMED. Paul named the "first instrument of choice" which is the human voice and heart.]
- and a soft longing took hold on his soul as he listened. Then the son of Maia, harping sweetly upon his lyre, took courage and stood at the left hand of Phoebus Apollo (Abaddon, Apollyon); and soon,
while he played shrilly on his lyre,
- he lifted up his voice and sang, and lovely was the sound of his voice that followed.He sang the story of the deathless gods and of the dark earth, how at the first they came to be, and how each one received his portion. First among the gods he honoured Mnemosyne, mother of the Muses (musical ministers), in his song; for the son of Maia was of her following.What skill is this? What song for desperate cares? What way of song? For verily here are three things to hand all at once from which to choose, -- mirth, and love, and sweet sleep. And though I am a follower of the Olympian Muses who love dances and the bright path of song --
- And next the goodly son of Zeus hymned the rest of the immortals according to their order in age, and told how each was born,
- mentioning all in order as he struck the lyre upon his arm. But Apollo was seized with a longing not to be allayed, and he opened his mouth and spoke winged words to Hermes:What Paul knew that Homer knew about Hermes:the full-toned chant and ravishing thrill of flutes --
- yet I never cared for any of those feats of skill at young men's revels, as I do now for this:
- I am filled with wonder, O son of Zeus, at your sweet playing. But now, since you, though little, have such glorious skill, sit down, dear boy, and respect the words of your elders.Originally Hermes was a phallic god, being attached to fertility and good fortune, and also a patron of roads and boundaries. His name coming from herma, the plural being hermaiherm was a square or rectangular pillar in either stone or bronze, with the head of Hermes (usually with a beard),The offspring of Hermes are believed to be Pan, Abderus and Hermaphroditus. Hermes as with the other gods had numerous affairs with goddesses, nymphs and mortals. In some legends even sheep and goats. Pan, the half man half goat, is believed to be the son of Hermes and Dryope.
- which adorned the top of the pillar, and male genitals near to the base of the pillar.A precocious youth, he stole a herd of cows from Apollo, a mere five minutes after he was born. From some of the cows' internal guts, er, fibers, young Hermes put together the lyre, a kind of handheld harp, upon which Apollo [Abaddon, Apollyon] made the best music in the universe.The story of Hermes is also the story of Genun or Jubal who "handled" musical instruments "without authority" and lied, cheated and stole from others just as "musical worship" steals the Word and honor from Christ.
- On this basis, Hermes became the patron of trickster and thieves, and was forgiven for his transgression by Apollo.
- For himself, Hermes made the shepherd-pipe, similar to the pipes used by his future son, Pan.Rubel Shelly believes that John spoke of the Greek LOGOS from whom he "sifted" the word. However, Logos is the Greek of the Hebrew Dabar Who is mentioned in Genesis..Strabo[10.3.11] In Crete, not only these rites, but in particular those sacred to Zeus, were performedalong with orgiastic worship andwith the kind of ministers who were in the service of Dionysus, (Coroi, youth) mean the Satyri (Gender-bent musical Pan types).These ministers they called "Curetes," young men who executed movements in armour, accompanied by dancing,as they set forth the mythical story of the birth of Zeus; in this they introduced Cronus as accustomed to swallow his children immediately after their birth, and Rhea as trying to keep her travail secret and, when the child was born, to get it out of the way and save its life by every means in her power; and to accomplish this it is said that
- she took as helpers the Curetes, who, by surrounding the goddess with tambourines and similar noisy instruments and with war-dance and uproar,
were supposed to strike terror into Cronus and
- without his knowledge to steal his child away; and that, according to tradition, Zeus was actually reared by them with the same diligence; consequently the Curetes, either because,
- being young, that is "youths," they performed this service, or because they "reared" Zeus "in his youth" (for both explanations are given), were accorded this appellation (Curo-trophein), as if they were Satyrs, so to speak,
- in the service of Zeus. Such, then, were the Greeks in the matter of orgiastic worship.An advertisement for a worship facilitator (manipulator) to "facilitate" ancient paganism:
Position Title: Worship Facilitation Minister, Music Minister:
Rubel Shelly: "Position Responsibilities: This person will work with volunteer leaders, ministers and staff to coordinate the planning and
presentation of worship activities.
"Sunday worship activities will reflect the diversity of background and worship styles unique to the Woodmont Hills membership.
"In addition, "seeker" style assemblies will be planned and presented at other times of the week using contemporary music, drama and teaching formats more familiar to the unchurched segment of our community.
Karen Armstong, A History of God: "God lay beyond 'gender' but, as in the Enuma Elish, each pair of emanations consisted of a male and female--a scheme which attempted to neutralize the masculine tenor of more conventional monotheism. Each pair of emanations grew weaker and more attenuated, since they were getting even further from their divine Source." (p. 95)
"This God is to be approached through the imagination and can be seen as a kind of art form, akin to the other great artistic symbols that have expressed the ineffable mystery, beauty and the value of life.
Mystics have used music, dancing, poetry, fiction, stories, painting, sculpture and arc hitecture to express this Reality which goes beyond concepts." (P. 396)
Lynn Anderson: The mind-set of the times threatens to strip our faith of symbols, rituals, dramas, mystery, poetry, and story,
which say about life and God what logic and reason and rationalism can never say. See Volkism
Aldos Huxley: "Abused as we abuse it at present, dramatic art (preaching) is in no sense cathartic; it is merely a form of emotional masturbation. It is the rarest thing to find a player who has not had his character affected for the worse by the practice of his profession.
Nobody can make a habit of self-exhibition, nobody can exploit his personality for the sake of exercising a kind of hypnotic power over others, and remain untouched by the process. From Source
We will express our unwashed opinions in another fragment. Nevertheless, we should note that according to Webster a musical worship minister performs the same tasks as the musical enchanter or soothsayer:
Facilitation means: 2. Psychologically increased ease of performance of any action resulting from the lessening of nerve resistance by the continued successive application of the necessary stimulation." (Webster).
Therefore, the praise leader or Music Minister is identified by McClintock-Strong as "the earliest heresy largely pervading the church." The modern confession is that the 'audience' has to be MANIPULATED by external means into the presence of God. The priestesses of paganism did that with sexual and perverted sexual "facilitation" to "bind the flesh and spirit together." Massaging the nerve endings of the body to, in the Vineyard pattern, "reach a climax with God" is the most works-intensive, human talent-intensive legalistic means known to try to "arouse" or "awaken" God (like David) to give the assurance evidentally totally missing in the "new style worship."
This search for the ancient musical worship facilitator is to:
Assume the primary role for organizing and directing the worship programs of the church. (I.e. the body life has been put to sleep and mercinaries have taken control over those who pay the bills.)
Work with the worship planning committee, the preaching minister and worship presentation groups (music, drama and technical) to facilitate group worship experiences which will help bring worshipers into the presence of God. (Wow!)
To presume to bring one into the presence of God was the goal of the ancient prophetess (usually female offering a bonus to the worshipers) and is surely the most arrogant statement in modern prose.
If the Bile and history mean anything, the growth of musical worship teams, the Music Minister, mercinary worship facilitators and instruments are ways to shut down the left (male or Word dominant) half of the brain so that rational men or women cannot defend themselves. The music then instills the new doctrine in song to the right side (feminine or effeminate) of the brain. Arius took advantage of this well-known usurpation of spiritual power. This is done with a deliberate injection of endorphins or morphine-like drugs through forced programs, expectation, promotion, motion, hand waving, loud preaching and vocal or instrumental music with a beat.
Warning: Ancient and modern scholars note that when you open your mind to the Holy Spirit (the Mind of God 2Cor 2) with mind-altering music and other charismatic practices, the evil spirits often creep in. To see how the new wineskin or vineyard churches influence those who get high on music Click Here--over 21, please.
Modern, but Ancient Methods of Musical Enchanter or Music Minister
You cannot steam roller the body of Christ without a weak, effeminate eldership and a dominant male (he-goat moves to the top of the hill) who "sees godliness as a means of finiancial gain," according to Paul.
When the prose worship minister or musical worship minister-turned-master collects all of the major teaching roles and converts them into sermonic topics the internal battle has been lost.
Instrumental musical worship and magical enchantment is implied in the first mention of the serpent as the symbol of the ancient Babylonian ruling class composed of priests, prostitutes, soothsayers and prophetesses. Click Here for more. When the dominant leaders resurrect these ancient "ministers" you can count on it that the towers of Babylon and confusion of tongues is not far behind.
Musical worship is a magical, mind-altering device and that is why it is employed.
Strabo Geography [10.3.9] "But I must now investigate how it comes about that so many names have been used of one and the same thing, and the theological element contained in their history.
Now this is common both to the Greeks and to the barbarians,
to perform their sacred rites in connection with the relaxation of a festival,
these rites being performed sometimes with religious frenzy, sometimes without it;
sometimes with music, sometimes not; and sometimes in secret, sometimes openly.
And it is in accordance with the dictates of nature that this should be so, for, in the
first place, the relaxation draws the mind away from human occupations and turns the real mind towards that which is divine; and,
secondly, the religious frenzy seems to afford a kind of divine inspiration and to be very like that of the soothsayer; and,
thirdly, the secrecy with which the sacred rites are concealed induces reverence for the divine, since it imitates the nature of the divine,
which is to avoid being perceived by our human senses; and,
fourthly, music, which includes dancing as well as rhythm and melody,
at the same time, by the delight it affords and by its artistic beauty,
brings us in touch with the divine, and this for the following reason;
> for although it has been well said that human beings then act most like the gods when they are doing good to others,
> yet one might better say, when they are happy; and such happiness consists of rejoicing, celebrating festivals, pursuing philosophy, and engaging in music.
The Donning International Encyclopedic Psychic Dictionary by June G. Beltzer, Ph.D., defines various methods used to bypass the rational mind while emplanting the will of the speaker into your emotional being. This is so powerful and is therefore considered mystical or spiritual. Some of these terms which define the musical worship minister or enchanter or soothsayer are:
"ARTIFICIAL GROUP ELEMENTAL - a large energy field hovering over the heads of individuals in a gathering which has a strong influence on each individual;
Energy field is composed of thought energy coming from individuals; field is formed and sustained because of the unity of thoughts and emotions;
all minds are focused on one subject, one goal, one concept, or one attitude brought about telepathically
by the tone and pitch of the words of the leader or music;
elemental becomes recharged as the meeting progresses if the group keeps this unity of emotion and thought;
(Note: this is why no contrary opinion will be tolerated. Biblical teaching is indeed divisive in this connection).
Elemental has an independent existence outside the consciousness of the thinkers and is capable of influencing each person individually to react emotionally in a manner one could not or would not be capable of individually away from the group;
Elemental disperses as rapidly as it is formed when the group is dismissed as the crowd no longer has continuity of existence;
e.g., individuals at a concert frequently weep because the oneness, joy and awe become overwhelming;
young adults at a rock festival scream and tear off clothing because the music is choreographed
to tune into these levels of the brain and the massness of feelings thrust them into this:
soldiers attend military drills frequently in the sameness of uniform; this, along with the saluting and music reinforces their patriotism; destructive-brainwashing cult members meet daily or bi-daily to engage in repetitious verbiage and phrase shouting to keep the cult-programming" at an emotional peak. [cf. ELEMENTAL, MASS HYPNOSIS, DESTRUCTIVE-BRAINWASHING CULTS]. (I.e. prayer circles)
Hyming in Hebrew is more of a private prayer. It is internal "spoken to yourself" with the singing and melody in the heart or mind and directed to God. However, "worship" hymns are calculated to manipulate you into "joy" or often "self pity." Therefore, the enchanter presents charismatic hymns:
"CHARISMATIC HYMM - a chant or song composed in a special vibrational frequency so that its tone and rhythm stir the emotions of each member of the gathering;
music is played extremely loud and the words are repititious;
puts congregation in an altered-state-of-consciousness and encourages one
to talk-in-tongues and to
rise up and
give prophecy. [cf. RAISE THE VIBRATIONS, MASS MUSIC].
Prophesying is normally induced by music. It is defined by Jesus who repudiated those who practiced such prophesying defined by the mantra "Lord, Lord" and by their claim to "cast out demons."
"At a time when there is a rising protest against monologues and therefore sometimes monotonous "one man ministries' in the churches, and when it is complained increasingly that the preacher is one of the few remaining public figures whose formal remarks allow no public interrogation or discussion (even Presidents are subjected not to the discipline of public interview), it is perhaps in order for the churches to look here in Corinthians to their earliest structures. Perhaps the worship services should include or append a period of thoughtful discussion following the sermon--or sermons (v. 29)--in place of the often dull and unprofitable responsive readings before it and of some of the singing which seems to be often, at the conscious or mental level at least, low-level glossolalia with instrumental accompaniment." (Bruner, The Holy Spirit, p. 300).
Note: When the effeminate males disobey Paul and introduce musical worship teams they are deliberately setting the "worship" up for the "uncovered prophesying" which Paul absolutely outlawed for the assembly. The result is that the tongue-talkers (femine or effeminate) rise up ot stand over the assembly and prophesy which is singing, dancing and instrumental music.
Musical Worship ministers and teams are highly talented in blending the voices to create the high and low frequencies which result in deliberate thought control. Instrumental music does a more precise job especially with the low frequencies and ultra low vibrato.
"EMOTIONAL HIGH - (esoteric) a beautiful, estatic self-hypnotic state of joyful joy;
a concentrated exhileration of happiness;
a feeling of detachment from the body and a oneness with Totality;
usually accompanied by an outpouring of psychic energy, resulting in a very pleasurable experience; brought on by effort, or occurs spontaneously from a good meditation session, a long fervent prayer, a period of chanting, or specially designed music such as concerts, loud , continuous charismatic hymms,
or from gatherings for religious, metaphysical, philosophical, or consciousness awareness purposes. (Inconcl.) [cf. EMOTIONAL PSYCHISM, Appendix 2].
"ENCHANTER - a male psychic who specializes in the skill of influencing people for good or evil by creating a thought atmosphere around his subject by a technique using songs, chants or rhythmic sounds. [cf. ENCHANT, THOUGHT ATMOSPHERE].
Note: Ancient enchanters used instrumental music where the instrument might be an old wineskin or a highly developed drum or cymbal. Pulpit pounding is calculated to replace the drums. And spit-thrusting, loud shouting is a dominion technique comes from the ancient jungles.
"May it not happen, may it not come to pass, although you craftily conceal it, that the one should take the other's place, deluding, mocking, deceiving, and presenting the appearance of the deity invoked."
"If the magi, who are so much akin to soothsayers, relate, in their incantations,
pretended gods steal in frequently instead of those invoked; that some of these, moreover, are spirits of grosser substance,
who pretend that they are gods, and delude the ignorant by their lies and deceit." (Arnobius Against the Heathen, Ante-Nicene, VI, p. 479).
"GROUP ELEMENTAL - a thought-form hovering over the heads of a gathering or an assembly;
thought-form is charged with a stimulus that causes mutual emotion between members and leader pulling them into unity of purpose;
thought form intensifies in strength as the meeting lengthens if the "theme" is constantly being dwelled upon and directed toward one's emotional needs; everyone becomes emotionally linked into the vortex of the thought-form; . . . [definition shortened because of its great length]
Hitler would explain Experience this way:
"But the community of the great demonstration not only strengthens the individual, it also unites and helps to create an esprit de corps.
"The man who is exposed to grave tribulations, as the first advocate of a new doctrine in his factory or workshop,
- absolutely needs that strengthening which lies in the conviction of being a member and fighter in a great comprehensive body.
"And he obtains an impression of this body for the first time in the mass demonstration. When from his little workshop or big factory, in which he feels very small,
- he steps for the first time into a mass meeting and has thousands and thousands of people of the same opinions around him, when,
- as a seeker, (Als Suchender.' A Wagnerian phrase, which Hitler was apparently determined to use at all costs)
- he is swept away (the Vortex) by three or four thousand others into the mighty effect of suggestive intoxication and enthusiasm,
"when the visible success and agreement of thousands confirm to him
the rightness of the new doctrine and for the first time
arouse doubt in the truth of his previous conviction -
- then he himself has succumbed to the magic influence of what we designate as 'mass suggestion.'
- The will, the longing, and also the power of thousands are accumulated in every individual. The man who enters such a meeting doubting and wavering leaves it inwardly reinforced:
he has become a link in the community.
Note: Kildahl notes that in charismatic religion there is a strong, unhealthy bonding between male-male or female-male. This permits them to do what the leader asks for and to utter rejection of anyone who questions the strange bonding. When the "lovers" fall our, the tongue speaker usually stops. [Kildahl, John P., Psychological Observations]
- Fred Peatross: the percussive use of light, images and beat, the behaviors of the crowd, the kinesthetic involvement of the audience in moving, dancing and typically staying on their feet the entire time. The power of the event for the participative audience occurs
- in the convergence of the sensory experience.
- They are drawn into a vortex of personal and social yearnings and satisfactions.formed by: (a) loud, rhythmical music; (b) monotone, tranquil, or concert music; (c) hand clapping, singing, chanting, shouting, body twisting, and;
(d) cleverly planned ploy using repetitious statements to reinforce the theme; used advantageously or with evil intent;
Note: To see Rubel Shelly's comments on hand clapping in worship Click Here
e.g. mass healing gatherings, mass screaming at rock festivals, mass hypnotism in the destructive-brainwashing cults, unity of patriotism by army drills, the following of The Pied Piper of Hamlin. (Inconcl.) Syn. ARTIFICIAL ELEMENTAL. [cf. ELEMENTAL THOUGHT-FORMS, GROUP HYPNOSIS].
"GROUP ENERGY - an energy field of strong psychic energy which flows fluently among a group whether willed or unwilled;
concentration of a group on particular activity accomplishes this activity more quickly than single concentration; (Note: Programs, programs, programs and the establishment of the judgmental, Midianite pyramidal organization struction)
developing of psychic skills is easier in a group than by oneself; the question under investigation is whether this abundant psychic energy is dependent upon PSYCHIC ABILITY of the members or whether the strength depends upon the HARMONY of the members. [cf. GROUP ELEMENTAL, LAW OF THOUGHT Appendix 7].
In Christianity Today it was noted that the German churches reject it as being too much involved with thought control and similar to para-military groups. The goal of the Willow Creek - Jubilee 98 system puts the focus upon the musical worship minister and his enchanting team:
but rather with the living portrayal of dedicated Christians."
"Yet Eggers is worried that liberals may only accept the methodology and forms of this program. He says nothing can change "unless content is changed; the gospel must become a matter of the heart." Christianity Today"when a number of persons are gathered in unity of purpose, they can easily become hypnotized by anintense consistent concentration on the leader and what he or she is saying;
the intense concentration quiets the conscious mind andallows the subconscious mind to absorb the material as it is presented without first sifting it out in the conscious mind;
"induced by a leader with CHARISMA; the verbiage is carefully planned, and structured to touch one's emotional needs, and the pronoun you is emphasized and used repeatedly with a pointed finger at the group; music and chanting frequently aid in the inducement of the hypnotic stage;almost all lectures and sermons, whether for good or evil intent, have a hypnotic effect;
the larger the group and the longer the lecture with no break,
the more easily the hypnotic state is accomplished without one realizing he or she is being hypnotized;
if one can trust their leader and there is no need for decision-making regarding its contents, it is a good method to more easily remember what one heard. [cf. HYPNOSIS, ELEMENTAL, DESTRUCTIVE-BRAINWASHING CULT].
1. to hypnotize the majority of people at a lecture without them realizing that their level of awareness is altered; occurs, unconciously or deliberately, if a leader is very impressive and charismatic;
(a) deliberate techniques;leader commands undivided attention to his or her speech;
rhythmic pacing and hand flinging movements are used;
ploy is preplanned to reach one's basic emotional needs (personal acceptance, self-preservation, patriotism, service to others, and cultural acceptance) through fear, guilt, or excessive love; (Note: endorphins from music produces the fight, flight or sex "feeling." These are all for self-preservation)
to overly repeat the pronoun you and continually point the finger at the audience;
(b) all this narrows one's concentration to the theme of the lecture which automatically relinquishes the conscious mind from its role and
allows the uncritical subconscious mind to surface and accept the material as presented, and the leader makes her or his point;
the more clever the leader is with the above tactics, the more hypnotized each member becomes,
and the more unlikely to question the material of the lecture;
(c) most ministers and lecturers capture their audience's attention by using some of the above methods of delivery; this is a good way for the audience to grasp the meaning of the speech; it is absolutely necessary in a healing program as one is more receptive to healing energies when in an alpha (hypnotic) state of consciousness; e.g., slaying-in-the-spirit-meetings;
2. to hypnotize the majority of people at a gathering by playing loud, rhythmic music; music has been composed in a special key that will have a hypnotic effect on the audience;
chanting special chants also put members in an alpha state of consciousness; [The new "praise songs"]
(a) music is deliberately played at meetings designed for brainwashing the audience;
3. dangers: one should know how to shield one's self from this during the first encounter with the speaker so one can keep from being put into a hypnotic state and
be able to make a clear-cut decision regarding the speaker's intelligence, integrity and intent; (this all is a form of brainwashing but do not confuse it with destructive-brainwashing).
4 (This) is very, very typical (of a speaker). He has actually told his audience to, "Look at me!" Rhythmic pacing is absolutely a Browne classic.
"RAISE THE VIBRATIONS - to accelerate the vibrations in an area by fast, loud, jolly songs, by clapping and stamping in rhythm, or by playing loud fast music;
frequently done to give energy to the etheric world intelligences to perform physical phenomena in a seance;
used in charismatic meetings to put the sitters onto a spiritual high and to give energy to the healing forces working within the leader. [cf. SOUNDS-WITH-POWER].
The following article is widely distributed on the WWW and will help explain why you find yourself thousands of miles away from your flock looking for another fix with no real control over your actions.
In addition you may Click Here to learn whether you are killing your church with your own little musical dance.
Counter added 11/16/04 3135 12.02.09 10000